It’s not often that I’m likely to agree with the late Bertrand Russell on a subject like religion. In most ways he was simply dead wrong. However there is one claim he makes that I can happily echo. He said:
I am as firmly convinced that religions do harm as I am that they are untrue.
Funny, I feel the same way! The level of certainty that I have that religion, in and of itself, is harmful, exactly matches my certainty that all religion is false. Well said, Dr Russell.
- “It’s only the religious who make threats….”
- Why are you quoting Sam Harris on Israel? (Religion is not the problem!)
- Is Religion a Barrier to “Clear Thinking” on Morality?
- Yes Dr Pruss it’s funny, just not in the right way.
- What right to an opinion?