I found Ben Witherington’s comments here on a recent find interesting.
The find is an incantation bowl, used in cultic practices. It bears the inscription: “DIA CHRSTOU O GOISTAIS.” The find may date as early as the mid-first century, and appears to atest to the fame of Christ spreading to magicians who sought to draw on this new power for their own ends. This actually occurs in the New Testament, for example, in the famous case of “Simon the sorcerer” in Acts chapter 8.
- The Tomb of Jesus. Oh, and the whole "he was married to Mary" deal. Again.
- Witherington Blows a Fuse over God’s glory
- Sceptics on Christians on Homosexuality
- Nuts and Bolts 014: Relational Subordination Within the Trinity
- Doctor Living Stone, I Presume!