Today there was a small protest outside Parliament. No big deal in my books, people protest about stuff all the time. On this occasion, a New Zealand flag was burned. The protestors were pro-republican, and they believe that we should not have a monarch as head of state (hence the burning of the flag, which contains a Union Jack because of our ties to the British Empire, now the British Commonwealth). The protestors also had photos of New Zealand politicians including the current and former Prime Minister, and cut their heads off. Tasteless but harmless.
This is what the news story says: “Parliamentary Service said the protest was unauthorised and police were investigating.”
Police? Unauthorised? Am I to understand that this protest would need to be authorised by the people at whom it was directed?
- Bus Driver taken to court for defending young girl
- The anti-smacking law: Only a law change is morally acceptable
- Lord Monckton vs Greenpeace
- Are Jew seeing what I’m seeing in New Zealand political propaganda?
- John Key, the Anti-Smacking law, and the New Zealand Constitution