Earlier this month I spoke at the annual conference of the Conditional Immortality Association of New Zealand, on divine holiness and hell. Defenders of the doctrine of eternal torment sometimes assure us that eternal torment in hell is necessary because God is very, very holy. But a biblical theology of God’s holiness actually offers no support at all to this view on hell. In fact, God’s holiness as depicted in the Bible offers more support for the doctrine of annihilationism – the view that God will finally remove all evil and those who commit it from creation. If you have 25 minutes to spare, take a listen!
- How to escape the Bible with your theology intact
- Loftus on eternal torture
- Episode 005: It’s one Hell of an episode!
- Name that Fallacy! Robert Peterson on Annihilationism
- Video – The early church fathers on hell