Here it is, Episode 18. Here I draw on the work of the fourth century bishop of Alexandria, Athanasius. His work called The Incarnation of the Word is my all-time favourite work from the Church Fathers, and I think it gives us excellent theological reasons for adopting annihilationism. Along the way, it invites a theological storm over what it meant for Christ to become subject to death as one of us.
As always, comments are more than welcome.
- Athanasius, Atonement and Annihilation
- What's in the next podcast series:
- Strategic mistakes that work in my favour
- Episode 006: Hell, part 2 – Tradition Strikes Back!
- Video – The early church fathers on hell