Earlier this year, the Synod of the Anglican Church in New Zealand and Polynesia made the decision to allow the blessing of same-sex relationships alongside marriages (but not to perform same-sex weddings, because they aren’t marriages – yes, it’s a confusing position). The Sunday after this decision was made, it was my turn to preach.
I took the opportunity to remind us all that yes, change occurs when people come into contact with the Church. But it’s not supposed to be the Church that changes.
- Into the Anglican Fray on Marriage
- Episode 014: Preterism from the pulpit
- Should Evangelical Ministers Respond with Fight or Flight?
- The Primates Oust The Episcopal Church (for now)
- Some thoughts on New Zealand’s loss of faith